Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Blogging in my classroom

The more I read about blogging, the more interested I am in finding as many ways to use them in my classroom. I think the first thing I would use it for was as a place for students and parents to interact about the content of the lessons. In this case, I would post lessons content for the week and allow students and parents to discuss what we are working on. This would also help with parental interaction within the content and the lesson. Throughout the posts I would also share insight following the lesson for ways to enhance learning and share student work as well as student thinking.

I believe that by using a blog, I could enhance student engagement within the lesson by increasing their interaction. I hope to be able to find more ways to use the blog to ensure my students (and parents) are up to date with what we are working on in the classroom. I teach 3rd grade, general education, in which I hope to create a blogging area for each content area that I teach. I believe that using a blog is a great way to increase interaction within the lesson content and share ideas and thoughts with parents.

4 comments:

  1. Nicole, do not be afraid of using blogging with your students as well. I believe is a wonderful way to develop writing skills using a real audience, and it will engage children to develop their writing in a different way. For third graders, I believe that using blogging to help them write about their interests or using it as the beginning question of a book or short story they would read in class (for example, proposing a solution to the problem the story presents way before they read the story) could be good ways of using blogging in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it is a wonderful way for students to interact and also to have parents see what they are doing. I have simply wrote a discussion question on mine for them to begin with. When they become comfortable I will try new things. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am particularly interested in helping students to build their literacy skills by giving reviews of literature they read, understanding how authors write and interpreting other writers' writings. I look forward to the day when I will implement this in my class. All the best to you Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole,
    You share some excellent ideas for blogging. Blogs allow parents a great window into class activities and can help build a vital learning community.
    You can use them as part of language arts curriculum but also as a way to share announcements and updates about the class and give parents a voice as part of the learning community.

    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete